Info, articles and FAQs
The Herb Society (UK)..highly recommended to join as a Member (October 10, 2009)
The Herb Society ( UK)
Here’s the link for the website http://www.herbsociety.co.uk
The Herb Society, founded in 1927 by Hilda Leyel, is an internationally-renowned educational charity dedicated to encouraging the appreciation and use of herbs, bringing together those interested in herbs whether they are professionals or amateurs. The majority of members are in the UK but they do have members worldwide including the US, Thailand, South Africa and Europe.
Scented Leaf Pelargoniums are classified as herbs and are extensively used in food recipes, as well as in lots of herbal preparations. The Herb Society website is packed full of interesting information and if you are an herb lover the annual Membership fee is very affordable and great value for money.
For further information and to join please visit the Herb Society website or click on one of the links below.
Benefits Of Membership
- You'll get their prestigious journal ‘Herbs' delivered to your door 4 times a year.
- Free access to the 'Members Area'of our website containing exclusive content and articles for members, downloadable information sheets, free herb desktop wallpapers, prize competition, special offers for members, discount codes and more.
- Free access to the gardens at Sulgrave Manor(Including the National Garden of the Herb Society) during normal opening times.
- You'll qualify for discounts from many herb nurseries and establishments including Culpeper Shops, Teapigs, The Cottage Herbery, Jekka's Herb Farm (Online shop), Hooksgreen Herbs, Blackbrook Herb Gardens, Norfolk Herbs, Nicholsons Herb Farm, Herbs For Healing and naturally from our website www.scentedgeraniums.co.uk. We are offering a 15% Discount to Herb Society Members and of course P & P is Free to the UK!
You'll also qualify for discount at a selection of Herbalists and Herb Course runners who are members of the Herb Society on production of your membership card, see the Members Business Directoryto see if there's one near you.
- Reduced fees at all Herb Society eventsand the chance to book before the general public.
- Free access, by appointment, to the Society's library at Sulgrave Manor.
- The opportunity to network with other Herb Society members and join in with local group activities.
- Discounts for members on books and special offers, (See the bookshelfsection of our website for further details and offers in 'Herbs' and in the Your Space section of the Members Area).
A chance to volunteer at events such as Gardeners World Live, the Tatton Flower Show and Wholly Herbs – Get free admission to the event, spend half a day helping out on the Herb Society stand and have the rest of the day free to do your own thing!
Herb Society Membership for one person is currently £25 annually but we hope that you agree that with the vast Discounts, Offers and Events to attend it has to be worth every penny!!
Please give the Herb Society (UK) your support and join now.
Annie & Guy
Click here to return to the Info, articles and FAQ's page